Thursday, January 19, 2012

Even Small Things Can Make a Day Worthwhile

I was getting ready for my day and by 5:45 am, I’m already out of the house walking down the familiar path for me to get my ride. As I was walking, I see the things and scenarios that usually occur at that time of the day. Trisikad drivers trying to get my attention asking me if I want to get a ride, taxi drivers having their early breakfast or simply sleeping inside their cabs, and I even cross paths again with the old man wearing his usual attire, an old style hat, white button down shirt and white shorts, having his usual morning jog. In other words "just another normal day".

Just when I was about to turned around the corner, I met an unfamiliar face. He also was an old man, I think he’s already around sixties, also having his morning jog. It’s nothing unusual, at first, but he suddenly waved at me, smiled and said "Gandang umaga! God bless you!" For a split second, I was simply taken aback and before I knew it, I was smiling. I remember back in my college days, there’s this priest who smiled and greets everyone he met.

Finally reaching my destination to get a ride, I waited for a jeepney for a couple of minutes before I saw my favorite one coming in my way. When I was finally settled inside it, I thought that this would be a good day. Upon arriving my stop point, I made my way for another walk, and once again before I turned into the first corner, someone whom I don’t recognize or even familiar simply said “Hello, morning” in a voice almost a whisper yet enough for me to hear. I turned around surprise and confused at the same time, and seeing that he was still looking at me, I smiled.

When I arrived in the office, I was smiling like an idiot. I even happily chirped a "good morning" to the security guard as I pass by. Once finally settled in my work station, I reminisce what had just happened for a short period of time, my smile got even wider remember the events and that’s how my day started, with a smile on my face.

=D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...