1. Install skype (if you haven't yet)
2. We'll create new copies of the installed skype. Open the terminal and run the following commands:
cp -r ~/.Skype ~/.Skype.first cp -r ~/.Skype ~/.Skype.second
3. Launch skype using the terminal with this commands:
skype --dbpath=~/.Skype.first skype --dbpath=~/.Skype.second
Note: there's two dashes before dbpath
Now you can have two instances for skype! but wait, if you close the terminal so does the skype. So we'll have to do something about that.
We'll create a desktop launcher for our two skypes.
1. Install gnome-panel package
sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends gnome-panel
2. Run the following command:
gnome-desktop-item-edit ~/Desktop/ --create-new
3. A dialog will pop up. type on the command field the following command:
Also do this again for the second skype