Thursday, April 19, 2012

[HTML] Marquee Party!

Hey! I've been searching on something to do when I came across a site that has a moving text. At first, I thought that it's some javascript code or something that makes it move but when I use firebug to look at the code I saw that it's using the <marquee> tag. I haven't use the marquee tag for a long time so I decided to explore the said tag once again.

Scrolling text:
<marquee behavior="scroll" direction="left">Your Text Here...</marquee>
Your Text Here...

Bouncing text:
<marquee behavior="alternate">Your Text Here...</marquee>
Your Text Here...

Scrolling text upwards:
<marquee behavior="scroll" direction="up">Your Text Here...</marquee>
Your Text Here...

Scrolling text by speed:
<marquee behavior="scroll" direction="left" scrollamount="1">
    Your Text Here...Slow</marquee>
<marquee behavior="scroll" direction="left" scrollamount="10">
    Your Text Here...Medium</marquee>
<marquee behavior="scroll" direction="left" scrollamount="20">
    Your Text Here...Fast</marquee>
Your Text Here...Slow
Your Text Here...Medium
Your Text Here...Fast

Start and stop text:
<marquee behavior="scroll" direction="left" onmouseover="this.stop();"
    onmouseout="this.start();">Your text here...</marquee>
Your text here...



While (re)learning how to use marquee, I created this lyrics viewer. It's from the song entitled All This Time by Six Part Invention

I lie awake
Thinking of the days gone by
Wishing that you're still here with me, baby
I was wrong
And now you're gone
Please here this heart of mine
Hear me callin'

*
whenever you're around me
I feel different in your arms
With the way you touch me
I feel the love that last a lifetime

**
your love so true
And i never knew
That its you i need
All this time

You see these tears
That keep fallin from my eyes
Wishin that i never let you go my baby
Take this heart
Fill me with your love
Please hear these words of mine
Hear me callin'

*
**

All this time
All this time
All this time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...